
Hello Everyone,
Some on you may have heard about my plans for the summer. I plan to travel to Stites, Idaho population 280, and build a log motel. I started a building project two summers ago when my dad and I purchased a piece of property. Since that time I have torn down a old barn, and old house, and prepared a foundation for our eventual log structure that will serve 4 units of overnight stay. This summer it's time to "Get-R-Done" and build this log house. My dad and I are assembling a crew to do the work. This primitive part of our great country still operates on a bartering system you see. I help you and you help me! My dad and I will do the majority of the work while I am there. Others will help when they can. Our logs for our cabin are waiting patiently for a skillful craftsman! This brings me to my title! Hands are needed and I offer the trade of the following: Road trip to Idaho, Espresso from our coffee shop, an opportunity to experience life at a slower pace, and finally the satisfaction of wiping the sweat off your brow and seeing a job well done and when it is done you can come back and stay overnight in our "Chatterbox Cabins". Of course there is work, life, the details.... It's nice to be a teacher and have summer off! June 14th here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment